Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Title Poetry

I haven't really been writing much lately, at least not creatively. Way, WAY behind on the Glory-Be Project for one thing. I've been trying to make it up a little by crafting some long, complicated title poems.

I didn't actually set out to make a super long one, but I couldn't seem to stop once I really got going. Same thing happened on the next one - it just kept going XD I have every intention of doing two more, one for spring and summer. I've been having a bit of fun just collecting titles for the last few days. I really am proud of how well the autumn piece turned out - super proud.

Doc noticed me working on the winter poem a few days ago and was impressed by the idea. Asked me to send the finished pieces to him, so I complied. He LOVES the autumn piece. Just loves it. Thinks it's one of the best things I've ever written. I believe his words were "knocked it outta the fucking park" XD I was already happy with it, but hearing that keeps me warm.

Today was the last official day of Drama. He's giving them tomorrow off to work on their assignments, but I think he really wants to chill out on his birthday. I'm planning to take him out to lunch whenever I finally get paid, but in the meantime I bought a wooden slate and some chalkboard paint - the one thing he didn't mind about our classroom being moved this summer was that the new room had a chalkboard instead of a whiteboard. This gift is one half sincere and one half me being a smartass. I think he'll like it though.

It's been a good term. I wish there had been more students in Drama, but it was still fun. I'm not really glad it's over, but I am glad that Doc is going off the clock for the next two months. It'll be nice to chill out a bit and enjoy his company instead of rushing from one place to another, always under a deadline.

2 comments:

  1. You haven't written anything in a while- Blogger misses you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete