Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Day Out

My parents found a store a few days ago called Charming Charlie's in the Promenade, aka, the richer side of Little Rock. It's an accessory store - jewelry, hats, scarves, sunglasses, headbands, the works.

I don't do the whole "girly-girl" thing - I don't mess with make up or nail polish, I don't spend hours on my hair, I don't buy frilly clothes or outfits I don't need. But, for some reason, I have a crippling weakness for accessorizing. I love unusual necklaces or cute earrings, and I'm constantly looking out for the perfect bag (needs to be large enough to hold a standard size writing notebook, one novel, my headphones, wallet, cell phone, and have some room left over. Must come equipped with adjustible shoulder strap).

I don't pretend to understand why I get so giddy over it; sometimes it's better not to question.




 I think you can guess a bit at what sort of person I am by the accessories I walked out with XD The bicycle was kinda Steampunk-ish; I was torn between it and the typewriter, but decided it looked better.

I've always had a thing for butterflies. I used to make them out of coffee filters and water when I was little to hang on my walls. I think they're so pretty~ Similar story for keys - I love keys and locks. I think it goes with the Steampunk vibe a bit. Those vintange, ornate skeleton keys get right in my weak spot.

And of course, the little robot was too adorable to pass up <3

No comments:

Post a Comment