Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Complimentary Baptism

I should start a list entitled "Nice Things Dr. Minnick has Said to Me."

Apparently I would make a phenomenal editor for my ability to both see bigger pictures and the things on the microscopic level. I've been reading over a story of his the last few weeks and I kinda really love it. The second half is still rather rough, but the first half is really wonderful. He kinda has this Winesburg, Ohio thing going on - it's a book of place and atmosphere and Minnick is really good at atmosphere. He has some really beautiful lines scattered all throughout the entire thing.

Anyway, I called him about this latest chapter and ended up getting baptized with compliments for being so helpful to him while doing my own thing and writing radio scripts and postcards and I'm just really pleased with myself at the moment because he's so sweet <3

In return, he's been helping me pick my way though this Fiction II assignment of mine. I need to submit something that's a minimum of eight pages on Monday, and length isn't something I do. I was trying to turn Escape Velocity into something longer, but that's just not going to fly. Anything I add to it is just going to be padding. Instead I'm going to see if I can't expand Feelings with no names instead - there's more substance to that one that I think I could make longer - it's just a matter of finding a way to tie them together into a larger picture.

And that's my life of late. Writing and reading a lot of stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I love feelings with no names :D Be sure to post it on DA when you are done :)

    ReplyDelete