Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Once-Ler Love

One of the first things I do when I like a book or movie or character or what have you, is check out the fandom. I like to make the rounds on dA and FFN and see what's going on in their circles. What usually ends up happening is after a day or two of this, something kicks. I don't know what, but I tend to get stuck on something new a day or two after I've finished it. In this example, The Lorax.

It wasn't a spectacular movie or anything, but I really did love the Once-Ler. After poking around the fandom a bit, I found I'm not alone. Not by a longshot - he's easily the most popular character. A good chunk of it has to do with that green suit, which, while pretty fantastic, isn't enough for me.

I can't put my finger on what I like so much about this guy. It's not like the traits that define him are that unique (idealistic and too nice for his own good on one side, easily led and harsh on the other). Maybe I just need to hit the movies more often if I'm that starved for a good character. He's just so darn adorable before his family comes back into the movie XD

And I can tell you fanfic has not helped matters. There's not much altogether, but there's some quality writing and it's easy to find. I love smaller fandoms sometimes <3

No comments:

Post a Comment