Thursday, March 1, 2012

Apparently, This is Still Going On

Everyone remembers this post right? I would think so - it has more views than anything else on this blog by a landslide XD

Well, the group in question has stumbled across it and it turns out Chen hasn't been in the group for months. That edit at the top is more relevant than ever I suppose as BottomlessPitStudios is apparently still getting quite a lot of hate for one person's actions.

Several currrent members have left some comments in my post if you'd like to read them; they are much more professional and polite than any of the screencaps. I reiterate - do not blame the group. I'm not big-headed enough to think my recapping of events is the sole cause of continued flamers, but perhaps just big-headed enough to apologize if my post has been a perpatrator, even if in a small way.

A group is not a person - direct the rage where it is due if you must, but that account hasn't been touched in almost seven months. If Chen has a new account, I don't know what it is, nor do I want to know. If you simply must allow the anger to course through your system, rant away below - I might even join in XD

Of course, you could always channel a negative emotion into a positive one; BottomlessPitStudios has a pretty impressive gallery to waltz through.

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome news. There was some fear of some kind of (understandable) retribution against the group for the actions of an individual that had hurt it more than enough already, all while leaving the group and manipulating a huge fanbase to following him.

    Let's just let him fade into the past, giving him any hate now would only be giving him more importance than he deserves, at least as far as the group is concerned. He's on his own now, and we hope he stays that way for a long time.

    We'll be keeping closer tabs on our member's actions from now on. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem :) I didn't hold the group as a whole any ill will once I realized how the club actually functioned. I'll be editing the original post as well to make sure anyone that stumbles across it again understands that as well.

      Delete
    2. And thank you so much for that!

      Delete
  2. Howdy. I am a BPS member and created the current animated logo with the dude getting kicked in the chest. I felt ashamed to see screenshots of Chen's comments with my logo on them. I never knew him as well as the other members, but now I'm gonna just forget I knew him at all. Anyway, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great logo :D You deserve to be proud of it :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, just another writer among the crowd on deviantart - I saw both posts as well as examples of Chen's writing, and I am just as disgusted as anyone who had to deal with the situation personally. His new account on deviantart (which he has had for only 1 week, but has somehow managed to rack up nearly 15,000 pageviews already) is WordOfChen. I'm not condoning any flaming or anything like that - obviously there's been enough conflict over this - but if you look through his account, nothing has changed. I just feel sorry for how he affected that group as a whole and everyone who had to deal with his bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try not to look him up - I'd rather not give him any pageviews >.> Sad that he hasn't learned anything. Not unexpected though.

      Delete