Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Sleeping Schedule is Shot

I was hanging out in the English department (surprise) last week. I think it was on Wednesday. In fact, I know it was Wednesday because film was cancelled and that's why I was up there so late. No one expects me home before nine on Wednesdays.

As usual, Minnick is the last person to leave, grumbling about his 17 hour day, which is how I learned he wakes up at 5AM every morning. But that's not the point of my story.

Last night/ today, I went to bed at 7AM in this morning.

I'm pretty sure that's the latest I've ever stayed up, but I could be wrong. This hasn't happened in a while. I got caught up reading. I pulled away long enough to wonder why it had gotten so much brighter in my room and realized the sun was coming up. It seems like the later I stay up, the less sleepy I get. If I can make it to about 4AM, I can keep going indefinitely. I've never tried to test how far I can go. I don't know if my body just starts pumping adrenaline or what, but I've always found it odd.

I woke up about six hours later, laid in for another hour, then finally got up around 2:00 (about six hours ago). Thankfully, I don't have to get up before noon tomorrow; tutoring isn't until the afternoon.

But that's still not the point of my story. The point is, the last thing I remember thinking before going to bed was that Minnick had already been up two hours getting shit done XD

Morning people baffle me.


No comments:

Post a Comment