Friday, August 17, 2012

Making Postcards

(Mostly for some of the deviantART people XD)

Since postcards have been difficult to find around here, I've decided to invest in making my own. I went to a craft store on Tuesday to browse for some ideas and walked out with a stack of scrapbook paper. I was interested in the stamp section, but stamps are apparently ridiculously expensive. I kinda knew that, but not really. Luckily, I have a birthday coming up in September.

Some of the cards I've made so far:

 
 
   


See one you like? Note me (on dA) with an address =D I love sending mail <3




4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's DrippingWords, or Kat, from deviant art :D I love all the stuff you've made :D Do you think you could do a tutorial? I'd love to know how, cause all the postcards we have around here are the touristy ones XP Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just scrapbook paper and postcard blanks XD I just cut the paper and glue it. I'm planning to try more stuff later, when I get better materials, like inkpads and rubber stamps.

      These are the blanks I bought: http://www.etsy.com/listing/100621565/postcard-blanks-set-of-50-4x6-soft-white?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=postcard+blanks&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

      Ten bucks for 50 of them is extremely reasonable. I've set a few aside so that I can draw on those when I get a more unusual request. The scrapbook paper should be pretty easy to find as well :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of these. They are really unique, I love the steampunk/historical feel about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I went for this set of paper. Vintage is a popular choice on postcards. I've like to pick up some more colorful paper later.

      Delete