Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Positive Reinforcement

I got to campus earlier than normal today to actually get some work done for a change; I can't concentrate at home very well lately. Between my brother staying up late and the baby getting here early, I've lost a decent chunk of my sleeping hours. I'd like things to go back to normal now please TT_TT

Anyway, I hadn't read at all for my Fiction class so I needed the downtime to check over the stories we would be critiquing for the evening (side note; I don't know if it's due to my experience or the computer screen in the way, but I find critique online so much easier to do). Hopefully Amanda finally arrived to grab Russ and give Mimi a break, but all that is neither here nor there. While scribbling all over my pages, Dr. Minnick dropped by the student lounge; that would be the one teaching the class I actually enjoy and who I really, really need to do some papers for.

It's not that he's pushy about getting the work done - in fact I'm genuniely surprised at how patient he's been with me about it. But he did get on my case a touch, though it was more "you are obviously intelligent and far too clever during class discussion to be getting behind like this" than "I'm going to fail you if you don't turn these in asap" XD If it were a movie, I probably would have been hit on the forehead with the stack of papers he was carrying. I know I'll get a docking for being late; I'm not worried about that. And I have the chance to re-write anything with a score I'm unhappy with.

I'm not sure where I was going with this post now, but I kept replaying the scene in my mind all through class and put it here to get it out of my system I guess. I'm oddly pleased by the compliment.

Meanwhile, class itself was all discussion and cupcakes <3 I made cupcakes because Taylor really wanted cupcakes last week. I have apparently been crowned the Cupcake Goddess, a step up from my Cookie Queen days of high school, and am now allowed to demand sacrifice. This pleases me.


No comments:

Post a Comment