Friday, October 26, 2012

Priorities; I Have Them.

I wrote a poem tonight. Awesome.

I had already written Chalk White and knew I wanted to do more with it. But I had more or less forgotten all about the Poetry Screams contest. For some reason, I remembered tonight and pull my Word document up.

I like to research things when it comes to my writing. Initially, I was getting a bit of a Civil War vibe from the piece. It went in a totally different direction when my Google searching somehow landed me on will-o'-the-wisps. Then I found the local legend of a weird lantern light not far from where I live. It worked perfectly with the "beckoning lanterns" line I already had.

I love it when things fall into place. I do want to work more on it some time, but I like it a lot where it stands.

Oh yeah, and I voted today too. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment