Sunday, November 18, 2012

Before the Year Ends

 School things:

  • Annotation Project for History of the English Language
  • Unknown Project for History of the English Language
  • Study up for Algebra Final
  • 10 page paper on Italo Calvino
  • Make a resume
  • Complete Self Assessment and Reflection for Career Perspectives.
  • Will probably have to write a paper on Hitchcock for Film as Literature
  • Probably won't have any other Finals though.
  • Keep working on radio project with Minnick, don't forget about the 12th.

But the semester is nearly over, so I'm going to need some new projects to take on soon.
  •  Make another hollow book. I think I could do much better on the second round. Though I doubt I'll be able to get the edges clean.
  • Fill a bottle full of origami stars. I haven't folded any in quite a while, not since I filled up the last bottle. I even used up my entire backup stash.
  • Flash fiction contest - I opted not to do one during NaNo because, you know, class and finals and holidays, but I really do new to come up with a decent prompt. I've been suggested "vintage," something taking place in a diner, a Catholic confessional, and instant and unspoken love.
  • Write way too many postcards. I've been slacking on putting things in mailboxes. I'm going to need more flash fiction stories.
  • Make a card for the deviantART Holiday Card Project. Make multiple if possible because I'm such a mail whore and hate hoarding stamps for very long.
  • I really want to try that melted crayon thing. It looks pretty cool and super easy.
  • I should really make use of that origami kit that I got for my birthday. I still suck at folding paper though - you have no idea how truly terrible I am at making anything more complicated than a Lucky Star.
  • Collect some leaves. Find something to do with them.
Also, make more use of Netflix. Dad wants me to watch Once Upon A Time so he can have someone to talk about it with. I've got a bunch of anime to catch up on myself; I've got Serial Experiments Lain lined up and will be going for Kino No Tabi next. Maybe an action series after that.

I've even managed to read most of the books I've had lying around. I feel so accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Good luck with all your school work. I wish I could come visit you; you could teach me how to hollow out books, and I could teach you oragami. Not that I'm any better, but I can fold a few different things. All of your projects sound so interesting; mind if I steal a few? And you definitely need to watch Once Upon A Time. I want to talk about it with you too. Hmm, a flash fiction contest. I really like the vintage idea, but maybe you could hone it into something more specific, and add a few key words to it, such as 'guitar strings,' 'rain boots,' and 'umbrella.' Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take all the projects you want.

    Contests are on hold until I can figure something out. I'd like to come up with something more interesting if I can. And I'd like to do another color poem contest sometime as well.

    ReplyDelete