Friday, November 9, 2012

Hollowed Out



It's messy, but I'm proud of myself. I had to glue things, measure things, cut things, draw things, paint things, buy things - probably the most complex project I've ever taken on.

The cutting was the most difficult part, especially around the corners. I can't make a straight line to save my life. I'm happy enough though. I likely would have made it worse if I tried to smooth out the edges too much. Best to quit while you're ahead and all XD

I went with blue and gold because it IS a present for Minnick - his school colors were blue and gold. I don't know if he'll pick up on that when I give it to him, but it seemed like a good choice. I haven't decided if I'll do anything to the back or not yet.

It's not super big or anything, but it will hold the postcards I've been writing for him. Much better than a folder.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! What book is it though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing. It would have been very cool to watch you make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it wouldn't have XD It was just cutting pages and gluing the sides. It was pretty boring.

      Delete