Tuesday, November 27, 2012

School Stressors

Note to Self: Registration begins December 19th. I'm planning to sign up for Fiction Writing II, Pattern Recognition, Advanced World Literature, American Literature, American Dream, and of course an Independent Study. 18 hours. I'm gonna get racked across the coals this Spring.

Scrambling to get all of my final papers finished; I've got two big ones due very soon. I'm more worried about my Calvino paper as I've not even started. Currently reading my fourth book by the author and I'm thinking about doing a comparison paper between his various novels. He's very much an author of place and setting - I adore his descriptions. I love the way he sets a mood through imagery. I'd like to make that the focus of my essay, but I'm not sure I can stretch that into ten pages.

Anyway, I'm reading Difficult Loves, which is a book of short stories. I feel like I may be reading it too quickly - I think there's a lot of deeper meaning that's getting skimmed over in my haste to get it read. There was a lovely story about a hidden garden, and I just know I missed something near the end. A lot of them are kinda like that. It's probably going to be one of those things I get a lot more of later on down the line when I'm not responsible for so many other things.

7 comments:

  1. Is it possible that you post some of the short stories up on here? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post most of them to my deviantART account: http://silverinkblot.deviantart.com/ I try to keep them all over there instead :)

      Delete
    2. Or were you referring to the Calvino short stories?

      Delete
  2. I was talking about the Difficult Loves, but come to think of it. I do like flash and it is so hard to find good, preferably non rhyme flash on the Internet. Calvino would be great!! *thoughtful face as I realize that I do not actually know what Calvino means :P *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calvino is the author XD And I'm afraid the stories, while short, are too long to type out here. He's a wonderful author if you ever chance upon any of his books though :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, your registration is very late. Registration for my school is always a month before the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the administration around here is fucked up. I have issues every single semester and I'm pretty sure I've been screwed out of a lot of cash.

      Delete