Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm Still Here, Even if No One Else Is

Maybe I should make this a weekly update instead?

I spent my Halloween watching American Beauty in Film class. I liked it well enough I guess, but I don't care to ever see it again. I felt awkward watching it; everyone is dysfunctional in that flick. At least I managed to sit through it though - last week, I got up and left halfway through There Will Be Blood. I don't make it any secret that I can't stomach horror movies, but the other thing that really gets to me is tension. And I don't mean regular run-of-the-mill tension need to make a good story, I mean where they're obviously winding you up for something to happen. That was the feeling I got last week, and why I finally had to leave; that sort of suspense just crawls up my spine. (Honestly, I think I would have handled it better if not for that freaking soundtrack).

Got a translation project due on Tuesday - not too worried about it, just need to get it done. No math homework this weekend makes me a happy panda. Been chatting with Dr. Minnick about his radio project and my postcards. Need to set up an advising appointment soon, playing with recording technology, going to play some PSP this weekend. Life's pretty okay lately.

1 comment:

  1. American Beauty! I had to watch that for a writing class last year. I agree that it was... really awkward.

    ReplyDelete