Saturday, November 24, 2012

Success!

Minnink gave me the go-ahead on my Independent Study request and I really wish I could use some dA emoticons because words cannot accurately express how happy I am about this. I swear I thought he was going to turn me down.

I'll be taking a full 18 hours next semester, but this is what I'm looking forward to. I'll be helping with the radio project for a grade, doing research and editing scripts, and I'll also continue working on my postcards and reading lots of shorts and flash fic. Lots of contemporary stuff. Joe Mino, Sherwood Anderson, probably some poetry in there.

I'm going to try and follow it up this summer with a second independent study focuses solely on the writing part. And that will be nearly all of my hours. After Spring semester, I'll only have a few classes left and I think I can get the last of it during the summer. And I'll be done. I'll end up with an Associate's degree in General Studies and I'll have an English major and Creative Writing minor.

So yeah. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment