Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Had a Full Day

Pixar hasn't made a bad movie yet. Brave was indeed darker than the usual fair and earned its PG rating. Much of it simply had to do with atmosphere - this doesn't take place in a part of the world known for its abundance of happy sunny days after all. It's cloudy and gloomy, damp and foggy, marshy and lots of trees and shade everywhere. The visual appeal alone is really stunning.

I won't be able to say how it stacks up in comparison to other Pixar films until it comes out on DVD and I can watch it a few times. I would have liked to see some of the major side characters fleshed out more - as it is, we essentially have three characters with some real depth to them (that being Merida and her parents). Perhaps it's one of those things I'll pick up more of upon more viewings.

So that was part one of my day; I thought the movie would be the end of it, but I knew Gram would likely want to do lunch. I just didn't know where.

Turns out my aunt had some coupons for Playtime Pizza. Think Chuck E. Cheese - but badass. She found some deal online that went twenty bucks for two free hours of playtime on any attraction that didn't spit out tickets. That sounds lame until you realize said attractions are black-light mini-golf, laser tag, bumper cars, bowling, and go carts.

To be honest, I didn't care for most of them, but the laser tag is effing sweet. And each attraction usually costs X amount per play - I think golf and go carts are four dollars and a game of laser tag is seven. I played three rounds of that, made a round through the golf course, and managed a round of go-carts, so it more than paid for itself. Oh, and the deal came with pizza. Yeah, definitely a bargain there.

My second round of laser tag, the cousins ditched because they're impatient little brats - I ended up in a round with a bunch of teenage guys. I don't think they were expecting me to be good at it XD

The one thing is, I wish I'd known this was the plan so I could have worn shoes with more support that flip-flops. My feet were killing me by the time Drama rolled around. And this is after bruising my toe rather badly; I still can't bend it without pain (it's fine I think, just swollen and turning purple around the tip). But, I do finally get to college and settle into the English lounge for a bit of reading.

And I overhear Minnick chatting and it's apparently his birthday.

And everybody knows I have a generosity complex. Luckily, Silvek's bakery isn't far away. So he got cake. And an apple because I'm a dork like that XD

I love Drama; I really do, but after Brave and laser tag, the experience is rather dulled. Not to mention I was nearly dead on my feet by this point. It didn't go unnoticed either; he quipped at me on the way out that I had been less enthusiastic than usual. I'm not sorry.

So my day began at 8:00, I left by 9:00, was out and about for 12 hours before I went home, all on bruised feet with terrible support and finally got to turn on my laptop and check my messages about four hours ago. Long day has been long (and awesome).

No comments:

Post a Comment