Monday, June 25, 2012

I Have a High Pain Tolerance

I don't know if that's true or not, but I can take some comfort from the fact that it's at least higher than my brother's.

So my day began with a toothache. Not a bad one, just enough to be annoying for a while. I took my antibiotics and got on with the day. Baby Russ was in a pretty good mood today too, so nothing I can't handle.

Middle part of the day; getting ready to go to Drama class. Trying to change pants, I lost my balance. I somehow manage to slam my leg down at just the right angle on my storage ottoman to get a bruise going on the toe next to the smallest one. Hard enough that I couldn't bend it without pain until I got home again and put some ice on it for a while. I've been hobbling a bit since, but still bearable.

So I do get to Drama and participate just fine by and large. I didn't move around as much as the activities required today, but it's alright. During the break, I ran (well, no I didn't, but you know what I mean) down to one of the water fountains to take my pills for my teeth and a Vicodin for the pain in my foot.

I have a weird relationship with Vicodin. The first time I took it, it made me stupidly dizzy. The second time had no effect that I could see. Sometimes it makes me loopy, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't this time, but it did leave me tired. I decided to wait the effects out in the English department lobby. I read for a little while, until I put my head down and that was enough to go to sleep. I woke up to Minnick yelling at me and giving me a look that reminded me of an Irish Setter.

You know the look.


And kept giving me that concerned look on the way out before telling me to e-mail him when I got home safely. The comparison is enhanced (or maybe exists), because he does have curly hair similar to the ears of the breed.

So yeah, that was my day. It seems like my most dramatic injuries occur in the most boring ways. Like the time I broke my leg by falling of a swing.

Anyway, pain or not I'm going to see Brave in the morning because fuck yeah Pixar. I shall report tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment