Sunday, July 29, 2012

Finally, Rain.

I have discovered a flaw in my plan to keep a rain journal. Namely, that I always go stand out on the porch whenever it rains, which is on conducive to writing on paper.

We got about an inch of rain according to the rain gauge. Not bad for 20-30 minutes of storming. It was kinda crazy out here - first there was a little rain, then a lot of rain, then lightning, then hailstones, then the wind went crazy and I may as well not have been standing under the awning for all the good it did me, then tree branches.

The front yard is a mess of broken tree branches right now. I was outside when it came down which was exciting to say the least. I wasn't sure what had happened until it was all over. I think it came down about the time we were getting near-horizontal rain. Crazy.

At least we got a little respite from the heat =D

No comments:

Post a Comment