Sunday, July 15, 2012

Brick Joke


So we did this thing in Drama class a few weeks ago, right? That role play loose courtroom drama thing that I really loved. Remember that post? I literally just got the joke with that lesson.

This morning, I woke up after a dream I barely remember, but I know it had something to do with a similar role-play. It got me thinking about that role play we did about a month ago. And in the haze of half-awake sleep I think to myself we never did find out what happened to Tessie Hutchinson and snuffling back down into the warmth of the blankets.

And promptly bolting upright when I realize – yes we did. Minnick is just a crafty bastard and my estimation of him has just shot up once again..

Because we did a totally different role-play two weeks later based around a short story with the exact same characters from the original fragment.  He gave us just enough time to forget about the character role-play and reintroduced the real story in its proper and full context later (on his birthday in fact). And it literally took me a month to make the connection. I don't know why it took me so long to realize the names were familiar, but there you are.

So anyway, tomorrow afternoon after I drop off the laundry, I'm marching down to UALR and giving the guy a high five for making my life into a brick joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment