Saturday, December 29, 2012

Three Days of Cold

So I haven't updated in like a week because power outages and like eight inches of snow. No power or heat for three days. We pretty much lived around the fireplace for a little while.

I still don't know where the hell my winter coats are. I've been using my hoodie every time I step outside. I might have played in the snow anyway if I had better shoes, or at least had more than one pair.

Anyway, we were in the middle of Christmas at Gram's when everything began to go downhill. We started getting sleet and freezing rain. The steps were already iced when I went back next door, and I had to scrape my back windshield before I went home. The power went out that night - once around six, then again at eleven and it stayed off after that. I was outside when the transformer blew - big green flash somewhere behind my house and the entire street went dark, which was weird as hell.

And I'm getting cold again just talking about all this. Christmas aside, it's been a bit of a sucky vacation thus far XD But it can only get better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment