Monday, May 28, 2012

I Am a MACHINE

But only when it comes to churning out color poems. Did two of 'em tonight, one in about fifteen minutes XD

Payne's Grey

Payne Grey
storm clouds roll in on ashy winds
that slide through dull iron gates,
opening with a gaping creak like the sigh of moth wings.
The rasping whisper of ragged newspaper clippings
writhing among the smoke dissipates
as the tempest thunders over the estate,
dousing the blaze of heat in pockmarked raindrops
that never reached the decadent parlor
where the Lady suffocated.


I really love the dreay feeling to this one. Vaguely Edgar Allen Poe-ish in it's imagery. I seem to enjoy corrupting beautiful colors with rather grim themes.


Amber

Amber
had a golden waterfall of hair
and tawny eyes that glowed like lanterns
on the cusp of a quiet evening.
The wind rustled through pine needles
and dangling windchimes
in delicious counterpoint
to her honey-drip song and
vanilla-smooth voice
that went down like crushed velvet and feather dust,
uplifted away from my grasping fingers.


I like these two poems together - one droopy and rainy, the other sunshine-y and bittersweet. I feel oddly proud of my ability to switch between the two moods so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment