Friday, May 25, 2012

They Won't Leave Me Alone

You know who I mean. 

____________

The snow hung in the silence between them. He couldn't read her expression. Something distant and thoughtful, like she was still processing the scene, caught in that halfway place between thinking about something and doing something about it. Every snowflake sounded so loud. He broke the quiet first, clearing his throat to speak.

"I'm -"

"No you're not," she cut him off before he could voice any regrets and took his jacket lapel in her hands with a gentle tug and a faint smile.

"And I'm not either." 
  ____________

If I ever finish with the rest of this scene, it's going to be a very long one. This part is near the end.

What's odd is I've been writing scenes to a larger story - with this piece, I'm writing smaller scenes in a larger scene. I have about three pieces I need to put together and segue between. I'm not sure what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment