Friday, February 17, 2012

Flesh and Bone

I have no idea why I felt so awkward in Antropology today. Or maybe awkward is the wrong word - just plain wrong.

Today was all about bones, and for some reason the lecture just made me uncomfortable. Any other day I would have been psyched to get to play with human remains. Instead I spent the entire class feeling very aware of the various pieces in my appendages. Granted, I do that with some frequency anyway because I'm a sensualist, but it's always been with fascination, not discomfort.

Seriously though, have you ever really taken the time to notice how well put together a body is? It's weird - the putting a hand on your elbow or knee and moving the joint around. You can just feel how smooth the flow is, especially in the elbow. Similar thing with fingers - the anatomy is ridiculously well packaged into such a tiny space. When you go to bed, just be still and notice it all; the way gravity pulls down and you sink into the mattress and when you get really still the bloodflow is stronger than if you had been running. You'd be surprised at what you notice in the quiet moments.

Random post is random.

No comments:

Post a Comment