Friday, January 6, 2012

Adventures in Construction

While I often like to think of myself as someone who enjoys making things, in practice I'm not especially good at it. I can make origami stars like a boss, but my talents don't stretch much further.

Point is, I bought some storage shelving at Target because I loved the last one I bought that much. I had been using several storage towers, but my new unit has rendered most of them obsolete and I actually have some floorspace now. I can even open my closet door all the way.

I'm one of those people that hoardes every little thing, just in case it turns out to be useful. Scraps of pattern, kinck-knacks, stickers - anything with crafting potential. One would think my lessons in trying to build things where the instructions are laid out for you clear cut would deter me from future projects where I'd have to wing it, but I just can't seem to learn.

Last of the postcards today, until more arrive in the mail! :D

 From Lithuania - I seem to send and receive a lot of cards from the Eastern European area for some reason. Perhaps the stats average out more as you keep sending mail.

The photo on the card is by photographer Betsy Spink titled "Mellow Pages."

Distressed and rough around the edges, this phone directory looked how I felt. But there it lay, in its beautiful tree like resemblance.
 
One from Poland - the sender happened to note I liked horses. Not really much to say about this one; what ya see is what ya get.

Oddly foggy tonight; good night to get a fire going. Unfortunately, it's also the Cotton Bowl, thus my grandparents monopolize the fireplace. We don't even have any marshmallows in this house. And that realization has birthed another one - we have no whipped cream, thus making hot chocolate is pointless. Just like my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment