Sunday, January 22, 2012

It WAS a Super!Short Post

I'm not sure why I write such long posts all the time. I honestly don't have that much to talk about, but manage to ramble away somehow ^^;

But tonight is a brief post; no babysitting today, no school, no homework - just me and the fog and twenty chapters of fanfiction <3

I've also kicked of my mini-project here, and I'd love to hear any responses :3 I really enjoy Amy Rosenthal's work and encourage people to try her out. In fact, I may do a review or something tomorrow. I don't really plan these posts at all.

Actually scratch that; let's talk about Amy Rosenthal this entry, because her work is actually really interesting. Her book ideas are really fascinating, from a karma "checkbook" (there are checks for good and for bad karma), several memoir books (baby books, places to write down all the stupid things kids say), lots of kids books, and of course the encyclopedia biography. She has this sunny style to her writing that I just love - it's feel-good writing you could say.

And let's talk about the public art projects:


I love that video. It just makes you believe in humanity again <3 She has quite a lot of these so I recommend browsing around the video section of her website.

Annnnnd, I managed to ramble anyway.

[EDIT] Eep! I just realized I forgot to do a city exercise! *facepalm* Allow to rectify this right away:

Bruvuno was a city made entirely of bridges. Each home had from its four sides four causeways branching out, inviting one space into the other. The oldest homes buildings were connected by rope bridges, the wooden planks green with rot and swung in the slightest breeze with an uneasy creaking. You could read the city like the rings of a tree trunk - with each new growth, the style shifted to accomodate new ideas, new materials, a new sense of aesthetics. The wood gave way to stone archways and brick and mortar constuction which itself transformed into iron and steel beasts stretching their long necks.

The people of Bruvuno come and go at will - the connectedness of the city translated to its inhabitants who crossed paths with each other and called each meeting serendipitious. Their welcoming faces were medicine to many a weary traveler. The sense of unity within was a true marvel, far moreso than the web of branches spanning above.

I really love this one <3 I may return to this city one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment