Saturday, January 28, 2012

Story Ideas

 I'm going to try and start using Twitter for real this time. Linked if you're interested I guess, though I don't expect anyone is XD Mostly I'm interested in trying to keep up with literature things.

I said I wanted to try to get all my story ideas in one place and I meant it. /determined.


1. An internet personality quiz with the ability to fundamentally change who you are. (MorríguTests)

 This is how the quiz will start:

"Welcome to the MorríguTests Personality Quiz. This quiz is designed to accurately measure your good and bad qualities, strenghts and weaknesses, likes and dislikes.  ALL results will be 100% accurate. Attempting to lie, cheat, or otherwise manipulate this quiz is highly discouraged.


YOU MAY ONLY TAKE THIS QUIZ ONCE."

I've been rolling this one for a while, but I can't get it to do what I want. Best to let it work itself out, however long that takes. If I ever do manage to get it off the ground though, I'd like to make a trilogy of sorts - have the same company release two more quizzes concerning when/how you will die, and a relationship quiz.

2. There are a few one-liners and prompts given to me by various people and random ideas from nights when I couldn't sleep floating around:

  • A sentient door.
  •  The life and times of a Professional Muse.
  • The delay between lightning and thunder.
  • Glass Delusion
  • That ballet shoe poem I talked about a few days back. 
  • Matadors. Matadors are cool.
  • Re-use the characters from Seafoam and Ash.
 3. All the things I'd like to use in my Technical Romance series:

  • Biology
  • Botany 
  • Business
  • Chemistry
  • Communications
  • Decision (Game) Theory
  • Genetics
  • Geology
  • Linguistics
  • Mechanics 
  • Physics
  • Robotics
  • Transportation
 4. There are several Fragments I'd like to expand at some point. May as well get them in one place too:

  • I wanted to hold the thunder in glass jars and write long letters on faded parchment; instead I applied to retail stores to fuel my obsessions for the easily consumed and quickly forgotten. 
  • It's not that he was complaining or anything, but if she pressed her mouth any harder to his, he was going to suffocate.
  • The black umbrella was classy, but soulless – I much preferred the red one we shared.
  • I've got a wealth of memories stored away but none of them ever compare to the real thing and people are so still in photographs, even people like you, people that naturally transmit their personality to film like it's second nature, a talent you could develop if you just keep practicing. You smile like nothing matters but the moment and that's what I love most about you.
  • He didn't leave a note – there were no words. Only a permit receipt for a .22 pistol.
  • There are one thousand, eight hundred and sixty steps from the street level to the 102nd floor of the Empire State Building. It took only one to get back to street level.
  • I mailed you a box of seafoam so you could hear the ocean, but it leaked out the sides like the blood from your mouth as the ambulance carried you away from me.
  • The snow crunched under their feet, soft and powdery. "I honestly believe," he scraped snow off the tree branches into the empty mug he was carrying. There was a gentle undercurrent of wistfulness to his voice that she'd never heard before. "That I can make the world a better place."
  • I drove among the golden plains teeming with buffalo and pulled over to examine the wheat, to discover if it was as soft as it looked. I drove through the rain of the Pacific Northwest and inhaled the scent of pine, stopping only long enough to try the midnight diners and chat with the waitresses. I drove parallel to the sidewalk jungle of New York City, jumping in and out of pools of light and I passed by the entirety of humanity and still you weren't there.
 There are probably even more floating around in my various notebooks and files XD

I'm amazed some days that I get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment