Thursday, January 12, 2012

Scheduling

I've made no secret of my hatred of my college, but they just keep giving me reasons to continue doing so. The latest? I had my schedule exactly the way I wanted it, and they cancelled one of the classes.

Luckily I didn't have to completely re-do my entire line up, but I do have an 8AM math class now TT_TT It was that, or take another class in the same timeslot, but with a professor I don't really like. Either way, this is my last chance to pass math, because I need two more classes to nab an Associate's Degree on my way to an English major with an emphasis in Writing. I'd like to say I'm going to buckle down and get shit done, but, well, it's math. I'd honestly be deliriously happy with a 70% at the end of the year; whatever it takes to pass. Pass; not with flying colors, just get it the hell out of the way.

The good thing though, is that the cancellation did allow me to sneak in an extra class. They don't offer many English/ Writing courses in the Spring semester for some reason, so I'm grabbing up as many as I can. This year I'll be taking Physical Anthropology, a Poetry course, a Fiction course, and an Adolescent Literature course.

I think I know more or less what I'm getting into with most of them, but I'm intrigued by the teen lit course. I have no idea what to expect there though I do have a book list, several of which I've already read (so just maybe I have a jumpstart here). I genuinely do like YA books when they're well written, which is to say they put storytelling and character before preachiness XD

While I do think I'll like most of my classes, it's going to be a long semester. Mondays and Wednesdays I'll be going to class from 8:00 to 6:00. That may as well be a full time job. Tuesdays I have an evening course, which I can't really say I'm happy about given what the campus is like even during the day >.> The trade-off though, means I don't have to go to class at all on Thursdays, and more or less get Tuesdays and Fridays off. Then again, I'll likely be babysitting when not in school, so maybe not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment